|The urine of a man is brightly lit, presumably due to radiator water poisoning. (Photo: BMJ Case Reports)|
The examining physician said the condition of the man when he first entered the hospital was in a state of confusion and difficult to cooperate. Finally after the team performed a mouth and urine examination confirmed that the man was poisoned ethylene glycol.
Read also: Condom 'Smart', Can Shine When Couple Affected by Sexual Disease
Ethylene glycol is an active compound commonly used in antifreeze fluid products. Allegedly the man accidentally consume ethylene glycol through the radiator fluid because the dye is often added to facilitate the detection of leaks.
"Therefore a fluorescent urine helps us diagnose it with ethylene glycol poisoning," the doctors wrote in the report, as quoted from BMJ Case Reports, Monday (3/7/2017).
When a person is poisoned with ethylene glycol, his body will produce excess acid and the kidney work slows down. Left untreated can cause brain damage, kidney failure, even death.
|Its fluorescent urine helps doctors diagnose the cause of the complaints experienced by the man. Photo: BMJ Case Reports|
In the case of the man he is lucky to get medical help immediately. After being treated for four days with the help of drugs, he reportedly recovered and returned home.
In a report the doctor warned that a fluorescent urine case could actually occur not only when ethylene glycol poisoning alone. There are also some foodstuffs, medicines, and other toxic compounds that can make the urine fluoresce.
Incoming Search :
Health, Blood in Urine, Urine Drug Test, Urine, Urine Test, Drug Test, Urine Protein, Protein in Urine, Urine Infection, Dark Urine, Uti, Cloudy Urine, Urine Color, Yellow Urine, Synthetic Urine, Urine Smells, Ketones,